VIATEQ Corporation is preparing to hire a Part-Time Customer Service Representative (10 hours minimum, 29 hours maximum) responsible for professional and courteous response to the issues of customers/stakeholders. Telephone and email correspondence will be in response to a federal emergency.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
· Answer, evaluate, and prioritize incoming telephone, voice mail, requests for assistance from customers/stakeholders.
· Using scripted and unscripted questions, interview customers/stakeholders to collect information and lead callers through diagnostic procedures to resolve customer inquiries.
· Provide general and detailed explanations/information in clear, easy to understand language to customers/stakeholders.
· Handle problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution and follow-up for routine customer inquiries.
· Research inquiries/information using provided sources, including information sheets, handbooks, training materials, the internet, etc.
· Document, log and track calls using problem management database (ticket system), and maintain history records and related problem documentation.
Experience and Education Required:
· High School Diploma
· 1 -3 years of job related experience (heavy phone work, reception, call center etc.)
Skill and Performance Competencies:
· Efficient keyboarding/typing skills
· Attendance, punctuality and dependability
· Critical thinking and sound judgment
· Ability to identify problems, troubleshoot and problem solve
· Quality focus
· Ability to conduct thorough analysis
· Self-motivated and desire/ability to learn new topics quickly
· Works well independently and in a team setting in fast-paced environment under time constraints
· Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain an effective follow up system to ensure timely and accurate handling of information requests
· Good verbal, listening and written communications abilities
· Positive and confident telephone skills
· Basic computer skills, including MS Office software (i.e., Word, Excel, etc.) and internet